Pre and Post-Natal Classes
We recognize the sensitivity around Women’s Health related issues and the importance of providing a private, discreet and relaxed environment in which women can seek advice, care and treatment.
Women’s Health Physiotherapy focuses on all issues related to Obstetrics. Whether you are experiencing bladder, bowel or pelvic floor concerns, if you are suffering from musculoskeletal back/pelvic pain during your pregnancy or as a new mum, Women’s Health Physiotherapy can help you. Our specialized Physiotherapist will help you to reduce your pain and improve your well-being.
We offer a professional, confidential and sensitive physiotherapy service, providing individualized assessments and treatments for the prenatal and postnatal period:
- Advice and treatment for back, neck, rib and pelvic girdle pain. Also for nerve problems such as Sciatica and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (pain, pins and needles or numbness in the hands).
- Physical preparation for labour (positions for labour, breathing techniques, massage, relaxation, TENS).
- Pelvic Floor exercises and training, to prevent and treat incontinence.
- Prenatal massage.
- Treatment for back, neck and pelvic pain and practical advice relating to breast-feeding and carrying your baby.
- Post-natal abdominal retraining
- Pelvic Floor Training for incontinence, prolapse or pelvic pain
- Individualised and safe ‘return to exercise’ programmes
- Postnatal massage